Server optimization

We’ve been having trouble with high server load. It seems to be due to Apache and MySQL. So I installed Zend Optimizer 2.5.7 using the guide here. It worked out pretty well. The only differences were that I had to download the .tar.gz manually, and the path to php.ini was /usr/local/lib/php.ini – this can be easily found with phpinfo().

I also installed eAccelerator, which is developed from mmCache. Therefore, I now get to show this pretty button:

Here is the new server checklist that I still need to go through. It’s provided by DirectAdmin. And here is the guide I used to install eAccelerator.

Leave a Reply