1. At the top left of your screen, open the Apple menu.
2. Click System Preferences…
3. Under Personal, click Langauge & Text. (On my system, this is the fifth icon from the left.)
4. Under the Language tab, drag English (or your preferred language) to the top of the list. In my case, I had to move English above Tieng Viet (Vietnamese).
5. If Google Chrome is running, restart Google Chrome. (Changes take effect at launch.)
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do this using the menus and preferences inside Google Chrome itself. That’s not the Apple way. Check your System Preferences.